The Consumer Product Design Platform
Welcome to DesignNest
We help product designers build and sell amazing products.
- We support Designers worldwide creating innovative consumer products and help them scale
- Consumers and Clients & Distributors get access to the most diversified portfolio of creative
and affordable consumer products
- DesignNest is the largest community of young and ambitious product designers worldwide. By
sharing experience, knowledge and network, members learn from us and each other and grow
Why use DesignNest as a Designer?
Use this platform to showcase and sell your innovative products or ideas to consumers and
retailers/distributors. We offer the following services free of charge to designers worldwide to
optimize the product launch process for mass-production.
1. B2B order funding: designers get the unique opportunity to directly get B2B order funding via
allocacoc’s worldwide sales network. Oftentimes successfully crowdfunded projects do not
reflect the potential success in the retail market. Designers receive 1% ~ 7% commission
depending on the stage of the product:
- ~1% idea only
- ~4% working prototype
- ~7% full design ready (including packaging and marketing material)
2. Crowdfunding: designers can raise funds for their product by starting a DesignNest
crowdfunding project or directly link to existing crowdfunding projects such as Kickstarter and
Indiegogo on our platform.
3. Retail: designers can collaborate with our partner We-The-People; a retail store dedicated to
selling innovative crowdfunded products or set up their own DesignNest webshop
4. Portfolio: designers can showcase their product portfolio and, unlike other platforms, such as
Behance, DesignNest gives every design and idea a chance for real orders.
5. Open-platform: our DesignNest team offers free design and technical advice and guidance
to designers to optimize their products and prepare for cost-efficient mass-production, such
- Molding & Production
- Distribution & Logistics
6. Open-sourcing / Manufacturing: designers are allowed to look for better or cheaper suppliers
or can make use of our in-house production and assembly facilities in case they cannot find
their own suppliers
7. Non-exclusivity: designers are free to sell to any other parties. We don’t require any
commission or fees for your sales
8. Intellectual Property (IP): designers keep their own brand, patent and all intellectual
9. Free co-workspace: DesignNest | Studio | (United States, Japan, The Netherlands) offers
designers free workspace to work on their project. Contact us for more information.
10. Fulfillment: designers can apply for Fulfillment by DesignNest, this means that we will handle
packaging, delivery and customer service for your project
Why use DesignNest as a Consumer?
The DesignNest platform supports creativity and innovations in consumer products. You can fund
products that you want to see exist in the world and support aspiring students and talented designers.
This is the place to explore and buy affordable product innovations and clever ideas from the brightest
creators around the world.
1. Innovation: get access to the latest creative and innovative consumer products
2. Affordable: contrary to popular belief, design products do not have to be expensive.
DesignNest helps achieve that by optimizing products for mass-production and make it as
cost-efficient as possible
3. Guaranteed delivery: DesignNest guarantees delivery for all successfully crowdfunded
projects on our platform. Unlike other crowdfunding platforms (Kickstarter, Indiegogo), we
review projects for feasibility and guarantee the delivery of the product to the backers.
4. Community: Support, brainstorm, give feedback and partner with designers, students and
around the world talents by funding their projects
Why use DesignNest as a Retailer/Distributor
DesignNest is the one-stop platform to source the latest creative and innovative most complete and
diverse portfolio consumer products for your stores and clients.
1. Complete Diverse portfolio: one-stop to explore and source a complete range of consumer
product portfolio, from mugs to electric bikes, by our own and worldwide community of
2. Sufficient margins: our pricing models provide sustainable margins for resellers and
3. Quality guarantee/warranty: all products go to a thorough review period by our internal team
to make sure that the product is scalable for mass-production. We provide a 2-year warranty
for all products under DesignNest fulfillment
4. After-sales service: our dedicated DesignNest team handles customer inquiries, refunds,
returns and RMA
5. OEM/ODM: product customization is possible, contact our DesignNest Sales team for more
6. Collaboration: we welcome new projects and discussions on how to improve your current
products. Submit feedback or ideas and work with designers on to improve or create a new
What’s in it for DesignNest?
DesignNest originally started as a big marketing campaign by allocacoc, a consumer product design
company. By providing our customers with a continuous feed of new ideas and affordable innovations,
we successfully receive free media exposure for our own products, designers, and brand.
Our current goal for DesignNest is to become the world’s first open-platform as a market place for
product designers. As designers ourselves we want to help and build a community with the most
passionate designers in the world.
1. Marketing: by co-branding we mutually generate exposure for both the designer and our own
products and in-house designers
2. Profit margins: we earn profit margins when we sell the designer’s products to our clients
(designer receives commission)
3. Economies of scale: the more we manufacture and source, the more efficient and
experienced we become
4. Branding: most important is creating the DesignNest brand; becoming the most valuable and
leading brand for consumer product design
5. Protection against copycats: as a community of designers with one large collective portfolio
we can provide better protection against copycats. We stand stronger as a community than
single product startups by individuals and likewise our in-house designs will be protected as
The DesignNest Guarantee Seal
For crowdfunding projects
Most crowdfunding platforms only require that designers make a “good
faith effort” to deliver on their promises. That means they face no
consequences if the project misses its delivery date — or even fails
Designers can apply for this seal and only feature it on platforms outside
of DesignNest, such as Kickstarter or Indiegogo. The DesignNest Seal is
meant to put the backer’s mind at ease – if you order this product on other
platforms, like Kickstarter and Indiegogo, we guarantee the delivery of the
product once the project is funded, or you’ll get your money back.
Note: all DesignNest Guarantee sealed projects on other platforms will be featured on DesignNest as well,
in order to avoid mis-use.
How to get Started Quick Guide for Designers:
Product designers around the world can join our DesignNest platform free of charge and with no strings
attached and build a portfolio to showcase and get potential funding or orders for their product.
Step 1. Sign up
Create your account on www.designnest.world
Step 2. Create project
Go to https://designnest.allocacoc.com/DesignNest/submit_design.html
Fill in according to the template information about your product, e.g. images, video, renders,
Step 3. Review by DesignNest (within 5 business days)
Our team will review the project and check for product viability and if necessary will give
feedback accordingly. Once approved your project will be launched.
Your submission has a higher of succeeding if you send your product prototype to our
DesignNest team. We will evaluate the prototype and perform pricing analysis to understand
if your product is feasible and competitive. After reviewing your product, we will show it to our
B2B client. Your chances of getting a B2B order are much higher if you have a working
The next step depends on what you have chosen as project type in step 1
a. Crowdfunding your product; go to step 4
b. Showcase/sell your product; go to step 6
Step 4. Project is open for funding
The project goes live and is now open for funding from consumers (B2C) and distributors,
retailers (B2B) around the world. In this stage other users can fund your project and leave
feedback. As designer you will manage your own project page and answer any questions. You
can share updates along the way as your invention is being refined.
Step 5. Project funded!
Congrats – your project has been successfully funded. You can still accept orders (pre-orders)
while you work on the production of your product. However, note that we only provide
guaranteed delivery for our own platform crowdfunded orders and orders with DesignNest
Once the project is successfully funded and the orders are fulfilled by DesignNest, we will
transfer the funds to your virtual account. You can transfer funds from this account to your
bank account. If the project does not reach its goal, we will refund all the backers/funders.
Step 6. E-commerce
Your product is now readily available for purchase. You can directly sell products by linking
your own webshop or website to the project page.
[DN WEBSHOP TO BE DISCUSSED ]
Step 7. We-The-People
You can apply to work together with our retail partner, We The People. WTP provides
designers the opportunity to showcase their products in their worldwide retail stores. See
https://wtpstore.co/ for more information.
Step 8. Sit back and collect money from our B2B orders
Our sales team will present your product to buyers around the world, and all you have to do is
collect your commission from our B2B sales.
How to get Started Quick Guide for Consumers:
To buy a product, make sure you’re first logged in to DesignNest. Once you’ve found a project that
interests you, click on the project page. The status of the project indicates the current stage of product
process and determines its prices
1. Crowdfunding: project needs funding for development; the product will only be produced
when enough orders are placed. Unlike other crowdfunding platforms (Kickstarter, Indiegogo),
delivery is guaranteed for all successfully funded projects.
2. Pre-order: the stage between crowdfunding and commerce; the product is in the process of
being produced, manufactured and delivered. You can capitalize on this moment by buying
the product for a discounted price
3. E-Commerce / Link to webshop: project is readily available and ready to ship
4. Link to Kickstarter/Indiegogo: the project is being funded on other crowdfunding platforms
but will be soon available on DesignNest
5. B2B: the project is only available for business inquiries
How to get Started Quick Guide for Retailers/Distributors:
Every project featured on DesignNest is available for business inquiries and can be requested
by clicking on the Business Inquiry button. Please fill in the following information so our
sales representative can contact you:
1. Business information
2. Contact information
3. In which countries are you active?
4. In which products are you interested in?
6. …… [MOET NOG RESEARCH DOEN]